Location: Chapel Hill, NC
15-20hrs a week
$800 a month stipend
The program assistant will be the primary leader in maintaining ISLA’s records and Heritage Language Program materials organized and up-to-date. The program assistant will report to both the Executive Director and Director of Development.
Learning Objectives for internship:
- Gain knowledge in logistics of non-profit management
- Increase knowledge in computer skills
- Gain understanding of cultural/socioeconomic diversity
- Learn how to implement innovative projects or programs in a non-profit
- Gain financial management skills
Necessary Skills and Requirements:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish with completed coursework in the applicant’s non-native language (English for native Spanish speakers, Spanish for native English speakers)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC workflows and general functions
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize and file all ISLA operational documents including student evaluations, materials request forms, lesson plans and materials, applications, and administrative forms.
- Maintain organization of ISLA’s Dropbox and implement a logical file naming system.
- Maintain all rosters clear and up-to-date while monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the system on a bi-monthly basis.
- Manage and organize waitlists.
- Keep all email lists clean, organized, and up-to-date within our email management system.
- Send weekly mailings.
- Maintain the cataloguing system for ISLA’s library, including check-out procedure, labeling, and inventory.
- Periodically find and buy books for ISLA’s library.
- Send weekly reminder emails, text messages and phone calls to parents.
- Manage and update ISLA’s public calendar.
- Make periodic calls alerting families when their child has more than two absences in a semester.
- Assist the director in managing the Saturday Heritage Language Program.
- Delegate tasks to office volunteers through weekly volunteer task folder.
- Occasionally make promotional flyers for ISLA community events.
- Ensure that all parent, teacher, and volunteer contact information is accurate and up-to-date.
To apply, send resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org