We are seeking a fluent Spanish-speaking, part-time teacher to plan and facilitate monthly Spanish story hours at the Chapel Hill Public Library. Native speakers are preferred, but non-native speakers will also be considered. This job requires roughly 1.5 hours a week with the potential to increase hours depending on the funding ISLA secures for this program.
ISLA’s Spanish Hour happens every month from 4:30 – 5:15pm and is attended by roughly 15 children between the ages of 3 and 7. Activities include songs, group games, and book readings designed to engage children of all language backgrounds. Only Spanish is spoken by the teacher at all times.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Native-speaker level or highly proficient Spanish speaking abilities
- A year or more of experience teaching young children
- Experience planning engaging activities for young children
- A passion for bilingualism and Latin American culture
- Strong reading and writing skills in Spanish
To apply, send resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.