This year alone, we:
- Took 103 Latino students and their families on a 2-day immersive camping trip to Morrow Mountain State Park
- Provided training and professional development for 18 ISLA members and teachers
- Welcomed 33 new students to the ISLA family
- Saw our oldest ISLA students grow by 4 Spanish reading levels in one year
- Launched our HUGS music and Spanish immersion class for infants and toddlers
- Provided English classes for 40 ISLA parents
ISLA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides a supportive environment for Hispanic children to learn and explore in Spanish.
Our cost-free heritage language classes, taught 100% in Spanish, include literacy, science, arts, and outdoor education, as well as cultural programs to nurture each student’s unique cultural heritage and multicultural experience.
HUGS provides a joyful, educational space for early childhood learning of a second language through Spanish immersion, music, play, and movement. HUGS' mission is to encourage early childhood learning of Spanish through language immersion, music, play, and movement.
Want to learn Spanish?
See events happening in Spanish at all different fluency levels all over the triangle.